Monday, February 27, 2012

My love of the walking dead comics, and confusion and disappointment on the show

I heard that the walking dead was "FUCKING AWESOME!" from my boyfriend, and after hearing there was a comic I decided to read the comic first to get the whole effect. In my opinion the comic was pure "FUCKING AWESOME!"...but the bad part is now I am watching the tv series. I'm not sure if reading the comic first was such a good idea now. All that's happening is that I am getting disappointed or frustrated, and my boyfriend says if all I'm going to do while watching the show is complain, he doesn't even want to see it with me.

What I imagine to be Rick's reaction to the show.


They took they original characters and made them a lot less bad ass, then they took out some characters and added some that didn't exist. Random black dude named "T-Dog" (really?) isn't my cup of tea, but Daryl seems pretty cool .A cross bow seems pretty dang ergonomic in this situation of the world. In a random interview I read,(this one) Kirkman even said that now Daryl is his favorite character and " I'm so jealous that I haven't had anybody use a crossbow in the comic book. I was totally asleep at the wheel on that one. I need to get some crossbow action in the comic now!" 


Some spoilers of the comic come after this line.

Why are they making all the characters less bad ass? Everyone should be carrying a gun by now, no questions about whether or not they should, and quit being so dumb. Why did t.v. show Glenn drive a car with the fucking alarm going off straight to the camp? Why couldn't he just leave it somewhere in the city and then run past the zombies who where distracted? Also the presence of Shane is making Rick fade into the background compared to the comic. I freaking love comic Rick, but AMC Rick is less bad ass....like everyone else. 

I really REALLY want Shane to die. He really shouldn't have made it to the second season. In the comic I had the nice little fulfillment of his death. He was starting to be a dick and was deluding himself about the military showing up to save them. Even though it totally only snows in Georgia about 2" annually, it was totally snowing in the book, but that's cool with me. Rick was all like "Yo, it's totally cold here. We should like, not be in the open, ya know?" and Shane was all like "FUCK YOU! I WANT TO SLEEP WITH YOUR WIFE MORE!" Then Carl, who is all bad ass and carrying a gun at all times at this point, shoots him in the neck after he started threatening rick. That's it. End of Shane story. But nooooo, AMC is too much of a pussy to have a kid shoot a dude. They rather have a douche bag dude for the audience to hate I guess.

Me: "Awesomesauce!"


I haven't seen all of season 2 yet, though

1 comment:

  1. THE WALKING DEAD series sucks. IS too Disney. Everybody is better off reading the comic book series and pray that they remake it again to make it exactly like the Graphic Novel. Shame on Frank Darabont, and everybody behind the TV series. I'm very disappointed. People tell me I'm crazy for not like the TV series but I'm entitled to hate the tv show.

    EYEPUS
    eyepus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete